Sunday, April 2, 2017

Diverse Reading Challenge: March Update

One of my duties at my new job is to regularly check the adult new fiction to make sure that we don't end up with 5 copies of the same books (floating collections are fun!). As a direct consequence of this, I've been checking out scads of adult fiction--particularly horror and thrillers. It's actually really helped me with my reading slump!  Unfortunately, this means that I have an obscene amount of YA ARCs on my iPad to be read. In March, I made it through two of them: It's Not Like It's A Secret by Misa Sugiura and Pashmina by Nidhi Chanani.


It's Not Like It's A Secret 

I feel ambivalent toward this book. Full review to come.


Pashmina by Nidhi Chanani

Gorgeous artwork is undercut by a so-so story. There was a lot of dissonant jumping around, both in time and place, and I never quite grasped what the magical pashmina was supposed to accomplish. Perhaps I'm just dense.

And here's my Diversity Bingo sheet!




SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment