Wednesday, April 26, 2017

C2E2 2017

Hi everyone! I've been a bit behind on reading and reviewing lately because I had to get ready to go back to Wisconsin for C2E2 in Chicago. There are two big comic cons in Chicago every year: C2E2, which is a ReedPop con, and Chicago Comic-Con, which is a Wizard World event. I've never done the latter--it's out in the western suburbs and I am quite partial to downtown events. Also, it's usually in August and I could never get off of work.

I already had my weekend pass and plans with my little brother to attend before I took a new job and moved, so I really wanted to come back and attend the con. Unfortunately, that meant I only got one day there instead of three, but we made it count.

And now for pictures, because why not?


Various Arrows.


Ooh! My brother and I went to see a panel with FitzSimmons from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. They were both unbelievably adorable.



The K-2SO was fabulous


Of course.


There was another Maui there who had inked the tattoos onto his body with paint, but I didn't get his picture.


T-Rex!


Patty cake with t-rex!


I AM GROOT


They've captured a Resistance pilot!


These were just too clever. 


SEE WHAT I MEAN???


My brother is way more into the Spidey areas of the Marvelverse than I am. I guess that's Gwenom and ... others. I've never liked Spider-Man.


Kylo Ren peruses the pink kitty artwork with a feminist agenda.


I'm hoping to be able to go to DragonCon too, but that depends on a lot of things. Hopefully C2E2 2018 is in my future as well!

P.S. If you happen to recognize yourself as one of the cosplayers in a photo, let me know so I can credit you for your awesomeness!!!

2 comments:

  1. Blooms like you had a lot of fun! There are some amazing costumers out there. I used to do costuming myself, but never beyond the level of the "hall costume." I can only sew by hand, you see. But these folk can do stuff you'd be happy to wear in the street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even hand sew! I mean, I can sort of do a running stitch type thing and attach buttons, but it's never been a skill. I am always impressed with the ingenuity of materials used. I believe Groot's bark-skin was made of foam pipe insulators. Fabulous!

      Delete