What I'm Reading Wednesday

Because I'll be moving in about two weeks (yikes!), I am simultaneously packing and trying to cram tons of books and ARCs in before I have to pack everything for good.  Plus, we just got my December/January order of YA books in (arghghghghgh backups are not cool), so I snagged a bunch of newish YA fic to read.

But as for what I'm currently reading, here we go:

Girl In Pieces by Kathryn Glasgow.  My library's copy was checked out and not brought back, which, for teen books, is a sign that they hit home and are desperately needed (see also: Ellen Hopkins, Jason Reynolds, and Julie Anne Peters).  So far, the story is raw but true, and a welcome antidote to more saccharine treatments of self-harm that I've seen.

The Green Mill Murder by Kerry Greenwood.  I am utterly addicted to the audiobooks of the Phryne Fisher mysteries, so much so that I don't like driving without having one in the car!

Monstress, Vol. 1 by Marjorie Liu, Sana Takeda, and Russ Wooton.  This is so visually stunning that I don't know where to look.  Intricate and fascinating,

Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia.

Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson.  I'm getting a very awesome time-hopping vibe from this one, and the first few chapters are the ultimate hook.  I feel obsessed already.

Blogger isn't playing well with graphics at ALL tonight so sorry for no pictures.

Comments

Popular Posts