What I'm Reading Wednesday

I have lots of books on my bookshelves that are begging to be read, so I'm trying to add those into my usual jam-packed reading routine.


The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey.  I checked this out so many times from the library and never read it, so I decided to see if owning it would make me actually crack it open.  I am enjoying it very much so far.  I like the lack of infodumping.




An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.  I KNOW, OKAY?  I haven't read this but it's a (signed!) ARC that I kind of forgot I had and I was worried it wouldn't stand up to my expectations.  So far, it's holding up nicely.  Also, I had no clue my copy was signed.  Did I have Sabaa sign it and then forget about it?  Unforgivable!


Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones.  One of my favorite fantasies is Clare B. Dunkle's The Hollow Kingdom, and this is quite reminiscent of that.  I am, horror of horrors, not a huge fan of Labyrinth.


Want by Cindy Pon.  Literally a story about Haves and Have-nots, this is set in future Taiwan.

Comments

  1. Enjoy! I think I may have received a signed copy of something from the publisher once. It happens. These days I rarely get books signed by choice, though; if I don't like them, it's hard to give them away, especially if they're signed to me personally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I go to conferences, I might get things signed for other people, but I have stopped getting so many signed books.

      I treasure my signed Tamora Pierce books, though. I met her and she is amazing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts