Sunday, January 1, 2017

Books I'm Desperate to Read: 2017 Edition

Well, I mostly-sort-of-kinda-oh-my-goodness-noooooooooo made it through the dumpster fire of 2016.  Happily, on the book front, it's a bright future.  I feel like if the 2017 books that I've already read set a pattern for all the other ones, I might actually rekindle a bit of hope as a reader.  But first!  The 2017 books I am dancing with impatience to read.  You know, like the pee dance, but for books.

This is in no particular order, because ranking is HARD and also kind of mean.


The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee.  I shamefacedly admit that I have not yet read Lee's first book, but I am a dutiful follower and rabid fan of her Twitter feature Bygone Badass Broads.  


Girl out of Water by Laura Silverman.  Surfer girl gets unceremoniously uprooted to Nebraska?  Yes please!


The Valiant by Lesley Livingston.  Three words: Celtic gladiator princess.  


Empress of A Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza.  We just need more epic YA sci-fi.  Full stop.


Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones.  Horror of horrors, I've only seen Labyrinth once, and I felt bad at the end because I would have probably stayed with Jareth.  Helloooo?


Hunted by Meagan Spooner.  I am a sucker for fairy tale retellings.


Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves.  1) The cover and 2) I rebel.


After the Fall by Kate Hart.  I'm getting more and more into contemporary YA, and this seems to fit the bill nicely.  


Cold Summer by Gwen Cole.  TIME TRAVEL, YOU GUYS!!!


Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy.  Partially because I loved Dumplin' and partially because I'm curious about the relationship in the book (and no, I'm not taking it off of my list because the synopsis was poorly worded.  Synopses suck.)


When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhiya Menon.  My friends have been raving about this one.  Rom-com with Indian leads and an arranged marriage?  Hello, yes, please, and thank you.


Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert.  Um, because it's Brandy Colbert???
 

History Is All You Left Me and They Both Die At the End by Adam Silvera.  See above reason for Brandy Colbert.


A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi.  There was much rejoicing when I found out that my beloved Star-Touched Queen would have a companion!


Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis.  One of my favorite authors tackles fantasy.  *fistpump*



Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts.  The synopsis for this reads like it's had far too much to drink, but I am very down with the idea of out-of-wedlock royal-ish kids banding together.  


Want by Cindy Pon.  Sci-fi eco-thriller set in China?  Yes, indeedy.

And the ones I've already read and most heartily recommend are:

Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson (review here)
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (review here)
What Girls Are Made Of by Elena K. Arnold (review TK)
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli (review TK)



No comments:

Post a Comment