Wednesday, December 14, 2016

What I'm Reading Wednesday

I can't seem to whittle down the amount of books I read at one time.  It's really a bit frightening.




The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli.  I just kind of love Becky Albertalli.  And not in a weird way.  In a I'll-totally-read-whatever-she-writes way.  And since I've never had a Golden Oreo, I think we're good.


Natural History by Justina Robson.  One of the sci-fi writers I follow on Twitter recommended this when it was an Amazon deal.  Either Charlie Stross or John Scalzi.  Anyway, I automatically bought it and it's definitely one of those Big Idea Sci-Fi books.  And I need that now.

The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill.  I loved Barnhill's Iron-Hearted Violet and need to backtrack and read The Witch Boy, and this smashing fantasy adds to her draw.


The Franchise Affair by Josephine Tey.  This sounds rather lurid--two women (possibly) kidnap and torture a young girl.  I believe this is one book where Alan Grant doesn't play a huge role, which saddens me, but I do like his stand in, the solicitor.



Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake.  Intricate and bloodthirsty so far.  I love it.


Jinx by Sage Blackwood.  I just finished Miss Ellicott's School for the Magically Minded (out next year) and loved it so much that I went straight to the shelf to grab Jinx, which had been on my TBR for ages, anyway.  I love this too.  I may be addicted to Sage Blackwood's writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment