ARC August Wrap-Up (in September)

I am horrible at sticking to the plan.  Any plan, really.  I would make an awful FBI agent, detective, or member of a heist crew.  Winging it is more of my style.  Flexibility and the option to change direction is how I operate.

Which is stunningly hypocritical, now that I think about it, because I can't deal with change in other people or in plans made for me or with me.  

This is awful.  I'm having an existential crisis.


While I'm busy sorting all of that out, here are the results of my first time participating in ARC August hosted by Read. Sleep. Repeat:

In my original post, I stated that I wanted to finish 8 ARCs.  They were:

Frostblood by Elly Blake


Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter

Spare and Found Parts by Sarah Maria Griffin


Still Life with Tornado by A.S. King


This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills

Of those, I've linked the ones I read and reviewed above.  I also finished Frostblood but I'm still working out the review. It's positive, in case you thought (and I wouldn't fault you for this) that I am excessively picky about the books that I read and that I hate all fantasy.  Not so!  As of writing this, I'm savoring Still Life with Tornado, which I saved for the very end because I wanted to end on a high note.  Maybe I waited too long?

However, lest it seem like I read very little in August, I actually cleared my Kindle of a lot of new ARCs that I received just as the month began.  If we're talking "ARCs Pam actually read and/or DNFd with good reason in August" ARC August, then I've been far more productive!

Apollo by George O'Connor

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco




Here are some snazzy graphics to prove that librarians can math too!



Fancy!

I've done "clear the shelves" challenges on my own before, but I loved participating in ARC August because I felt more accountable for what I had to read.  On the other had, I felt more stressed about getting enough reading done.  I've been in a book slump, and writing hasn't been easy, either.  It's like all the words are stuck in my fingertips and I can't transfer them to the keys and onto the digital page. Perhaps some interpretive dance book reviews are in order?

Onward to September and October, AKA the months when ALL THE BOOKS launch and I revel in the newness and shininess, much to the detriment of older books on my to-read list.

I am not talking about Pumpkin Spice Lattes, though.  Those things are gross.









Comments

Popular Posts