Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What I'm Reading Wednesday: The "What Is She Thinking?!?" Edition

This post amply illustrates why buffets are a horrible idea for me.  I must have some of everything.  Must.  Have.  Everything.

I haven't actively read Les Misérables in ... a while, but I have actively thought about it.  That has to count for something.

Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill: This is ... okay.  It has a gorgeous cover, though.  I really wanted to love this, and I still have that chance, but things are going to have to hustle through a major turnaround.


Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan: I'm listening to this on audiobook.  The audiobook ... I have Thoughts about it.  The story is wonderful but overlong when being listened to.

Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor:  I started this a few hours before the Hugo winners were revealed.  It's utterly fascinating and now I have an odd desire to visit Lagos.


Max by Sarah Cohen-Scali: Yes.  That is a Nazi fetus.  Yes, it's as terrifying as you would think.


And The Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich: This is what I was hoping The Mark of Cain would be.  Ultra-classic old-British-house-of-death horror.  Yum.


Still Life with Tornado by A.S. King:  I am savoring this.


Hoodoo by Ronald L. Smith:  Exceedingly delightful and with a strong sense of place.  I haven't gotten to the creepy bits yet, but I've been assured they are there.




No comments:

Post a Comment