Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Olympic Book Tag!


My friend Emma over at MissPrint published a post with this super-awesome Olympic Book Tag and I knew I had to participate!  Because I don't have a TV, my Olympics viewing has been severely limited.  I wish that they would release footage on DVD like they do with Super Bowls!  I would buy all the Olympics to watch!  Okay, whatever I could afford.  So like, two.  But seriously: this would rock.

The idea and these seriously awesome graphics come from It Starts At Midnight!




It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.  I can't say anything more except that this book finally let me see myself in fiction.  Even if it was in the mind of a teenage boy.  Thank you, Ned Vizzini.



I just realized that I am deficient in road trip books.  I spent enough time on road trips as a kid and teen to put me off them forever.  So ... how about Replica by Lauren Oliver?  There *is* a road trip involved.  Promise.




Um.  So, I have this thing about love triangles.  I really generally dislike them.  BUT I adored the triangle between Helen, Carlston, and Selburn in The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman.





White Space by Ilsa J. Bick. This one was just too bizarre.  I had no idea what was going on at any point in the story.  Oof.






Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood.  You guys.  You know I'm not super into contemporary YA.  But this book?  It blew my mind.  Go read it now.  I mean it.  Now.






I had no idea what to pick for this one that wasn't The Hunger Games.  So ... Terrier by Tamora Pierce.  Beka whales on a lot of people in this trilogy.  Excellent.




The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma.  Your brain will be tired but happy.  And also thoroughly freaked out.




Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse.  Absolutely stunning.  Wear waterproof mascara or just go for the artistically smudged look.





The Death and Life of Zebulon Finch, Vol. 1: At the Edge of Empire by Daniel Kraus.  This book is huge and it takes its time getting there (wherever "there" is), but it's a journey well-worth taking.  Unless reanimated corpses freak you out.





A Horse Called Wonder (Thoroughbred #1) by Joanna Campbell.  I loooooved this books as a kid.  Looooooved.  



Chomp by Carl Hiaasen.  I'm due for a reread of this.  My favorite part is when the fake naturalist puts the underwear on his head because he thinks he has rabies.  Yes, I am secretly seven years old.





The Door That Led To Where by Sally Gardner.  Normally, I adore Gardner's books.  This one felt so different and disjointed that I just couldn't connect with it.  I finished, but I don't recommend it, sadly.


Exit, Pursued by A Bear by E.K. Johnston.  Because every Hermione needs a Polly.  And if that sounds like a nonsense sentence, you need to read this book.  Actually, you need to read this book for its sensitive portrayal of rape, but also the female friendships.










SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment