Thursday, July 14, 2016

ALA ARCs: Can't Wait to Read These!

I brought the majority of my ARCs directly to work because they are prizes for the teen summer reading program, but I kept a few at home so I could read them first.  These are the five I'm looking forward to reading the most:


Caraval by Stephanie Garber.  This book has a truckload of hype, and I'm curious to see whether or not it lives up to it.  My friends have given mixed reviews, so I want to see for myself!  Stephanie Garber stopped by my table at the YA Authors Coffee Klatch and talked about the sisterhood aspect of the story, which is one of my favorite elements in a book (probably because I don't have a sister).


The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill.  I adored Iron-Hearted Violet when I read it a few years ago, and The Witch Boy is on my list.  This was a must-grab at ALA.


Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.  I am fully expecting this book to break me.  My soul is ready.  Let's do this.


Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown.  I don't have enough fingers and toes to tell you how many people have enthusiastically recommended this book to me.  Like, with squeeing.  So, obviously it's on my list!


Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West.  I am a huge, huge sucker for fairy-tale retellings.  So obviously, I need this.

I also read a ton while I was on vacation: there are six drafts on the blog and I just finished two more books on the plane ride home.  Gulp.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Illuminae and am now SO excited for Gemina! Caraval also looks super intriguing, though I haven't heard much about that one. I'm also a sucker for fairy-tale retellings, so Kingdom of Ash and Briars looks like it's right up that alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illuminae is just ... I have no words for how awesome it is! I made everyone I know read it. It makes me flail a bit.

      Delete