Wednesday, June 1, 2016

What I'm Reading Wednesday

I FINALLY finished Great Expecations (review forthcoming), and am nearing the halfway point for Les Mis.  If I can finish it before I die, that would be awesome.

In the meantime, I am also reading:

The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula LeGuin.  Fascinating book, but I have to go slowly so I don't miss anything important.

The Mark of Cain by Lindsay Barraclough.  This is marketed as a "companion" to Long Lankin, but it's really more of a sequel.  Long Lankin is terrifying, by the way.  Add it to your list.


Wool by Hugh Howey.  This is really good, you guys.  I only wish I weren't getting myself into another series, but I am.

Titans by Victoria Scott.  It's like National Velvet, but with engines and oil and grease.





3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're keeping busy! Well, you can always cheat on Ales Mis and read it in English. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been going back and forth with Les Mis. Just hit Marius' section and the translation took a nose dive again. Will probably drift back to French.

      Delete
  2. I've decided it's about time I read Left Hand and have downloaded a copy from iBooks. I've read some of her books, of course. The original Earthsea trilogy. The wonderful collection The Wind's Twelve Quarters(which includes an amazing SF version of the Norse myth about Freya's necklace). I bought Lavinia after I heard her talking about it on the radio and very good it is, too. But never this, which is supposed to be her classic! Time to read it and your post finally did the trick. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete