Wednesday, April 20, 2016

What I'm Reading Wednesday


Raymond Feist's Magician has taken over my life.  I've pretty much halted progress in every other book just to read that one.  I know it's a very boys-club old-school fantasy, but it's comfy and cozy and I don't even mind the derivations of Tolkien that I'm finding.

Otherwise, I'm supposedly (I guess???) still reading Les Mis and Great Expectations, but haven't made much progress.  I submit my wrist for slapping.

Also begun, halted, but not forgotten:


Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne.  Yes, this is one of my favorite series and I never finished the last book.  Oy.  I love how accessible the writing is in Emmy's books--I can hand this to a reluctant reader or a die-hard post-apocalyptic book fiend with equal ease.

Roses by G.R. Mannering.  This came out a few years ago, but for some reason, Netgalley had it available.  It's wonderfully weird.


The Lie Tree by Francis Hardinge.  I will read anything she writes.


No comments:

Post a Comment