Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What I'm Reading Wednesday

I'm traveling right now, so my big books (which I like, and I cannot lie) had to stay at home.  So, I've tossed some e-books into the mix!

At home, waiting for me, are Les Mis√©rables, Cress, and A Darker Shade of Magic.  Here with me are:

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.  I'm such a fan of Dickens, but for some reason, I keep avoiding this one.  No matter: I'm now facing it head-on.

ETA: Yikes!  I started this and scheduled it thinking "I'll have PLENTY OF TIME TO FINISH" when I get to my hotel.  Ha.  Ha ha.  I also brought along:

Psycho by Robert Block, SNAFU ed. by Jeremy Robinson, and Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven.

Oops!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how could you have missed this one? It's the most readable of those Ingave read, though I do agree with my sister that Pip, the hero, is "a little shit". When you've read it, I recommend Peter Carey's Jack Maggs, which tells the story from Magwitch's viewpoint - Carey too seems to dislike Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, "those I have read." Predictive software - and just then I SAW the word "have" rewritten as "gave"!

    ReplyDelete