Wednesday, December 16, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

Okay, I got a little carried away with digital ARC requesting again.  I've found some amazing new titles, but at times I feel like I'm being smothered by furry, happy books.  Like sitting in a pile of kittens or puppies.

So, in addition to that famous French book that I've totally been ignoring, (Bénissez-moi mon père Hugo, parce que j'ai péché...) I'm reading these!


Cress by Marissa Meyer.  Am I behind in this series?  Yes!  I was so afraid to start Cress before Winter had a finalized release date, and now I've gotten myself all muddled up in the series.  But I think (fingers crossed) that I can dive back into the Lunar Chronicles.


The Aftermath by Jen Alexander.


Harley Quinn, Vol. 3: Kiss Kiss Bang Stab by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti.  Love Harley!  Love, Harley!  Harley!


Future Shock by Elizabeth Briggs.  This is a time-travel story that's rather light on the science, but I am really loving the main character.  And I want to know just how evil this Evil Corporation is!

3 comments:

  1. Why not just see the film? There's a very good one with Michael Rennie as Jean Valjean. Or find an abridged version. It's a great story once you get rid of the waffle. Clearly you're reading because you think you should. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just how I read long books. I need breathers in between long sections of me galloping through the prose. It's really a beautifully written book, but I switched to reading it in French (because I didn't learn my lesson with The Count of Monte Cristo and remember that a lot of translations are ... not good), and I'm slower in French than I am in English. I'll probably binge-read the next section and then break again.

      Delete
  2. Goodness, in French! No wonder it''s taking so long. I take my hat off to you. I can read some French, but wouldn't dare try Hugo in the original! Well, have fun, then. :-)

    ReplyDelete