Wednesday, November 11, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

Only two new books today (in addition to the lurking titles giving me the stink-eye from my bedside shelf).  I will finish Two Graves ... soon.  Argh.


First up is The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Hidden Gallery.  Again, I'm listening to this on audiobook, and it is marvelous.  Penelope Lumley and the Incorrigibles go to London and things take a rather dark turn.  Narration is absolutely top-notch.


Next is Halt's Peril by John Flanagan.  This is the ninth book in the Ranger's Apprentice series, and I admit to dragging it out as I don't want it to end.  But I do have The Brotherband Chronicles to look forward to.  Flanagan really has a knack for moving a story along.


Finally, The Poison Artist by Jonathan Moore.  This is an ARC from Netgalley, and so far I'm intrigued, but I feel like this could fall to pieces very quickly if the author doesn't ratchet up the tension a notch.  It's certainly not as scary as the blurbs proclaim, unless something gets spicy in the second half.

I honestly have nothing else to say.  I am tired and my back hurts and it's pouring buckets outside.  Hooray.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about Ranger's Apprentice, there is more to come, including a prequel about Halt's younger years. And there are, so far, five Brotherband books, centred around Skandia and a hero called Hal. Very entertaining books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Halt is really the star of the Ranger's Apprentice series anyway, although Will is a nice enough guy :) So glad he's writing more about Halt!

    ReplyDelete