Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

This looks a lot worse than it actually is because one of these is an audiobook, and one is an "I-quit-the-audiobook-so-it's-in-transition-mode" book.  Onward!





Slade House by David Mitchell.  I've not read any of Mitchell's other work (it's big and scary and seems very "Modern Literature" to me which is inexpressibly frightening), but this is really good so far.  Other readers mentioned that some of the characters in Slade House appear in his other books, which is a fiendishly good way to make me want to read them.

A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch.  Netgalley had this out for free to promo the latest in this series.  I love a good British historical mystery.


Two Graves by Preston & Child.  I did make a dent in this one night, then had difficulty sleeping.  I can't believe I forgot how engrossing these books are.


The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood.  The audiobook of this is more and more delightful as it goes on.  I think I shall have to do all of them on audiobook and I will never know what music is trending.  Oh well!


The Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey.  So, when I checked the book, those hours of torturous audio only got me through half the book!  I am determined to finish this because I also have his Fifth Wave series to read and arhghgghhgh!

Les Mis is a given, but highly entertaining so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment