What I'm Reading Wednesday

Hi, my name is Pam, and I have a book addiction.  Specifically, an addiction to reading far too many books at once and not actually finishing them.  So what's clogging up my brain this week?


The Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey.  Somewhat miraculously, I made it through 6 of the 12 discs of the audiobook before I decided that I couldn't do it any longer.  The narrator's creepy "lady voices" and inability to pronounce things sent me over the edge.  I'll be finishing it in print format because dear lord, it is genius.  I have #allthefeels with this one.


However, I am just sick and tired of music (although I admit to a late-night purchase of the new Pentatonix album) so I started the other audiobook I checked out, which is The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood, and it is dee-light-ful!  When a prim-and-proper-sounding British lady interrupts herself by howling and woofing, you know it's going to be good.


Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.  Um, I got through like three more pages?  Yay!



Two Graves by Preston & Child.  This one is glaring at me.  I AM SORRY.  But I received an ARC of the latest Pendergast, which has lit a fire under me to catch up so I can read the new one.


Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes.  This was available on Overdrive and I thought, "Why not?" and now I'm just thinking "Why???"  I have a feeling that quite often, the Newbery is awarded by people who have never met a child.  They themselves sprung fully-formed from their parents' heads √† la Athena.

Comments

Popular Posts