Wednesday, October 7, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

To my extreme embarrassment, I'm still reading The Fixer (the Jennifer Lynn Barnes one, not the Malamud one, which I've also read, but which isn't nearly as fun).  I keep leaving my Kindle at home, so I'm not reading on my lunch breaks like I should be.  It's got a super-quick double-time pace, though, so hopefully I'll have it finished by next week's WIRW.

I'm also still meandering my way through Dead Wake by Erik Larson, but that's a book that you need to take your time with.  Larson is so particular about setting everything up just so that you have to really pay attention.

Les Misérables by Victor Hugo.  This is extremely large but also extremely readable.  Also Hugo goes off on tangents, they are interesting tangents, so there's that.  Although I don't know if I can handle the musical soundtrack being on continual loop in my head while I read.  I love Les Mis, but considering the length of this book, I may go mad.


Two Graves by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.  I used to be a Preston & Child überfan, and then I started working full-time and lost track of the Pendergast books.  I'm trying to remedy that.


Still Waters by Viveca Sten.  This was the Kindle First for September, and I'm just now getting around to it.  It seems quite well-written, and now I really, really, really want to go to Sweden.  This seems to be as much of a character study as a procedural/murder mystery, and that's a nice balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment