Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

There are some books on here that I just need to hunker down and READ.  And some others that I'm not so sure about finishing.

First up are my stragglers--the ones I've been dipping in and out of, a page here and there.  I enjoy them, so I just need to push everything aside and finish them.

The Girl Who Soared over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two by Cat Valente


Valente's prose is so dense and rich that I can't just gulp this down.  I'd get mental indigestion.  

The Name of the Wind by Pat Rothfuss


I admit it: this intimidates me.  It's thick and it's only the first one in a series.  And everyone loves it.  No pressure.  None at all.

Up next is the book I've been reading for what feels like forever (not really) and I'm only 20% done!

The Death and Life of Zebulon Finch, Vol. 1: At the Edge of Empire by Daniel Kraus (even the title is a mouthful!)


Evidently I'm supposed to start pitying this dead guy walking by the end of the book.  We'll see if Kraus can pull it off.

And the newbies ...

Get Dirty by Gretchen McNeil


I snagged this at ALA Midwinter and kind of forgot about it until the launch date of the book, which was yesterday.  Get Even, the first book, entertained me, but I didn't adore it.  But holy cliffhangers.

Zero World by Jason Hough


I got this on Netgalley and I'm wondering whether the comparisons to James S.A. Corey and John Scalzi are more than a little aspirational.  But you never know...

Finally, Black Widow Vol. 2: The Tightly Tangled Web by Edmonson and Noto


So far, the writing is meh but the artwork is stunning.


No comments:

Post a Comment