Wednesday, May 6, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

I have finally progressed in The Burning Sky!  It's hard not to, actually, because somehow I'm now like halfway done after reading for about half an hour.  It's addictive.  Yum yum parallel world fantasy yum.

Also currently reading...

Ghosted Vol. 1 by Joshua Williamson.  This is ... well.  I will say that it is engaging.  Mostly because I'm not quite sure where he's going with this because the main character (who is supposed to be Danny Ocean from Ocean's Eleven but can never reach that pinnacle of suave con man) accepts a job to steal a ghost, no questions asked.

Um, call Ghostbusters?


I did that Netgalley thing again (oops) and ended up with book two in a quasi-urban fantasy/alternate history/steampunk book (that's a lot of subgenres) with werewolves and alchemy.  It's The Undying Legion by Clay and Susan Griffith.  I like the idea of it, but a lot of the dialogue needs polishing and the supposed main characters are pretty flat.  The monster characters, on the other hand, are quite nicely done.  We'll see how this goes.


Still tiptoeing my way through The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett.


Finally, I started The Name of the Wind by Pat Rothfuss.


No comments:

Post a Comment