What I'm Reading Wednesday

This really should be more of a "What I Finished on Vacation" post, but those shall come in time.

Again, my deepest apologies to The Burning Sky and The Scorpion Rules, but those are in physical format and I was traveling on a serious budget, i.e. I'm not paying to check a bag just so I can have more books.  I went off on vacation with just a backpack.  So it was just me and the iPad.

I did start This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzie Lee, which already involves grave robbing and clockwork, so I have decent hopes.  Please don't dash them with a love triangle.  Please please please please.


However, that got pushed to the side by The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett.  I'm not sure what it is about this book that fascinates me.  Is it the dual-Earth setting?  The sleeper agents?  How I felt utterly helpless when I was dumped into this world but Everett is slowly revealing history and strategy, bit by bit?  It's being compared to Never Let Me Go (um, kind of?  But not really.  There are some really big differences between the two) and Orphan Black (which I haven't seen but have on hold at the library).  I also like how Lira, the protagonist, is pretty darn amoral because that's what you have to be to survive.  She's not likable--hooray!


If I can get things together, you will see reviews coming up for:

Championship B'Tok by Edward Lerner
The Dogs by Allan Stratton
Dumplin by Julie Murphy (PRE-ORDER THIS ONE NOW BTW!)
The Unwritten: Orpheus in the Underworld by Mike Carey

and other stuff that I finished but already forgot I finished.  Welcome to my life.

Comments

Popular Posts