What I'm Reading Wednesday

So in addition to The Burning Sky and now The Scorpion Rules (I'll have to do some sort of penance for allow such awesome books to languish), today I am reading:

Dumplin' by Julie Murphy.  My book friends were super-excited about this one and now I see why!  Murphy's protagonist is so unflinchingly awesome that I almost can't deal with it.  Also: Dolly Parton.

The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases.  I'm not quite sure how I stumbled upon this one--perhaps it was noticing that Jeff VanderMeer was an editor--but it's a bizarre collection of faux-diseases as imagined by some of the best names in speculative fiction.  It's wonderfully weird.  This isn't the kind of book I expect to OMGLOVE, but to be amused by and from which to extract the occasional chuckle.


Finally, Jackaby by William Ritter.  Okay, who let me put off reading this for so long?  And why did I think the narrator was a boy?  Anyway, it doesn't matter, because this has been pitched as Doctor Who meets Sherlock and Ritter is totally rocking it.




Comments

Popular Posts