Wednesday, March 4, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

After having conquered Jude the Obscure, I'm bouncing between several different things right now.

First up is Legacy of the Clockwork Key by Kristin Bailey.  It's steampunk and it has a pretty font on the cover.  Sometimes my needs and wants are very simple indeed.


I've been browsing the print ARCs I picked up at ALA Midwinter, and after having given the boot to several (and put them out as freebies for the teens!), I started one called Stone Rider by David Hofmeyr.  Now, to be absolutely frank, I do not know how much of this I will actually read.  I'm only on chapter three and I've already dogeared several pages for sheer what-in-Cthulhu's-name? moments.

Still working on Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon, which is one that I sort of forgot that I started at the gym.  This is moving really quickly now, and it's super fun.  Implausible, but fun.


Finally, I've made my first foray into the world of Gail Carriger with her Finishing School series opener, Etiquette and Espionage.  I am in love.  I can see why everyone (relatively speaking) loves her books.  Also, why can't people nowadays have awesome names like "Sophronia"?  Instead we have "Apple" and "Canyon."

No comments:

Post a Comment