Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

I can't seem to make up my mind to stick with any one book in particular, so I've got a bunch going at the same time.  Behold!

Authority by Jeff VanderMeer:   I loved the first book in the Southern Reach trilogy.  This one has a very different feel, but it's still quite intriguing.  I have some guesses as to what's going on, but they're probably way off!  (And yes, the rabbit on the cover is pertinent to the story!)


Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon:  I started this last week on the elliptical machine and haven't returned to it, but it was pretty interesting if you suspend disbelief.


The Princess in the Opal Mask by Jenny Lundquist: A fun and sweet riff on The Man in the Iron Mask meets The Prince and the Pauper.


Brood by Chase Novak:  Okay, I admit I picked this up because it looked spooky.  I didn't realize it was a follow-up to Novak's previous book Breed.  Oops.  It doesn't have a great rating on Goodreads, but I'll give it a chance.


The Voyages of Doctor Doolittle by Hugh Lofting: I'm on a quasi-mission to read as many Newbery winners as I can stomach.  I have a nasty little feeling in the pit of my stomach that there might be some racism here.  Here we go.


and finally...

Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger: I fully intend to get into her Parasol Protectorate, but this one I got for free, and it's lounging around on my Kindle.  So.


No comments:

Post a Comment