Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

Hey Jude / are you done yet / because I'm waiting / for things to get better

Remember / Sue Bridehead is your cousin / plus you're still married / so make good choices

I know that's not what happens, but dang, Jude.  Your entire life is one bad decision that you blame on destiny or fate or whatever.  Over halfway through now and it's pretty juicy.

Other things I'm reading:

The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey.  Yes, I know this was on last week's list, but I spent my sick weekend reading other things and watching Doctor Who.  But I am enjoying this so far.


Illusionarium by Heather Dixon.  I'm surprised at how many negative reviews this is getting.  It's steampunk and I LOVE steampunk.  I suppose some people were expecting another fairy tale retelling like Entwined?  As long as this doesn't crash and burn, I think it's popping along rather nicely.



Cuckoo Song by Francis Hardinge.  A long, long time ago (I can still remember) I wasn't excessively impressed with Fly by Night, although I think I might like it now.  So far, Cuckoo Song is wonderfully creepy.  Yum.

Last night I started The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill.  I know a bunch of my teens are going to eat.  This.  Up.  It's not necessarily my cuppa, but I'll see it through.  It's cute.  It's also set on a cruise ship, like Sweet.  Is "cruise ship" a new mini-trend?  Fascinating!


No comments:

Post a Comment