Thursday, January 22, 2015

Fatale Vol. 3: West of Hell

Blast!  I read this far too long ago to remember all the gritty details, but I can tell you that I liked it very much.

Woo, what an awesome review, Pam!  That just makes me want to RUN OUT AND BUY THE BOOK.  NOT.

Sorry.  I'll try that again.

Josephine is the titular femme fatale (interestingly, the term femme fatale in its original context does not use the word "fatale" as in deadly," but more as in "you are fated to be entangled with this woman."  It doesn't mean you have to die, although with Jo, death comes far more often than not).  This volume, West of Hell, gives more of her backstory.  I suppose the best way to describe it would be her various incarnations throughout mankind's history.  This is a collection of short stories about Jo and her fate--it's inescapable, and it's frightening, but she learns to embrace it.

For fans of noir, Hitchcock, and Raymond Chandler.

No comments:

Post a Comment