Wednesday, December 3, 2014

What I'm Reading Wednesday

Yes, I'm back to my gotta-read-'em-all ways.  Four books in the rotation this week!

I keep leaving Gabi, A Girl In Pieces in odd places in my apartment, so I've missed reading it since I started last week.  It's coming to work with me tomorrow for break and lunch time reading.




I attempted reading Titus Groan by Mervyn Peake several years ago.  I'd not read much dark fiction like this and I didn't quite understand what was going on.  I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but I think that my life experiences and reading experiences have prepared me to enjoy this very much.

Scrolling through my practically-infinite TBR on Goodreads, I noticed The Iron Thorn and didn't remember what it was about or why I wanted to read it in the first place.  Thankfully, our library e-book service had it available right away (always an inner happy dance when this occurs!), so I could figure out what caught my attention about this title.  So far, I am enjoying it.  Wonderfully dark.

Is this a theme this week?  If so, it's entirely unintentional.

It's also unintentional and uncharacteristic of me to be enjoying the final book as much as I am.  I glanced at Rosamund Hodges' first book, Cruel Beauty, and decided it wouldn't work for me.  Now that she's sucked me in with  Crimson Bound, a mashup retelling of Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel and Gretel set in an alternate 17th-Century France-type-place.  There's romance and a kind-of-sort-of love triangle, so by all rights I should be side-eyeing this at best.  Instead I stayed up far too late last night reading.  Between this and Illusions of Fate, am I losing my jadedness?  What is wrong with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment