Friday, December 26, 2014

Lazy week...

It really throws me off my schedule when I have two days off in the middle of the week--I'm always convinced it's the weekend.  Alas, here I am at work today.  Unlike in Europe, it's not kosher to faire le pont to le week-end when you've got holidays midweek.  Pout.

Anyway, I meant to, but completely forgot to, post a What I'm Reading Wednesday, so it's going to be Weekend Reading today!

I've been neck-deep in Robert McCammon's Swan Song for the past few days, so I really haven't had anything new to review anyway.  I'm a bit miffed, because things were moving along really well, and then I started part two and it was like hitting a literary brick wall.  I would give the first half 5 stars (although it is devastatingly similar to The Stand, and in my opinion, nothing can stand up to Uncle Stevie's writing in that book) simply for pacing and how it grabs you and drags you along, but now ... I'm not so sure.  We'll see how it ends.  When I figured out two major "plot twists" early on in part one ...

But I'm at 86% finished!  I can do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment