Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Delusions

I'm a bit puzzled by people who get a lot of reading done when they're ill.  I caught the flu (yes, the actual flu) from a family member this weekend.  Doing any sort of reading, which, unless you are reading Twilight or a James Patterson color-by-numbers book, requires thinking, was absolutely impossible.

I did finish The Iron Codex by Caitlin Kitteredge and I LOVED IT.  Ahem.  Quite enjoyed it.  I'm currently trying to get through Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer and for such a short book, it's taking me a disproportionately long time to read it.  I am, however, intrigued, because all my Unreliable Narrator Alarms are on RED ALERT and now I need to go watch The Hunt for Red October again because it's seriously one of the best movies ever.

Sorry, rambling much?  Told you: flu virus inhibits coherency and thinking ability.

Also, how do people have time to read when they're sick?  I'm generally too busy sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment