Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What I'm Reading Wednesday




The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co. #2) by Jonathan Stroud.  I love British horror.  I love Jonathan Stroud.  I love everything about this series.  It is the perfect middle grade spooky-but-not-too-spooky story.  I hand out the first one at every opportunity, and the same will be true of this one.  I don't even know if I'll review it because dang, it's good.






Erak's Ransom (The Ranger's Apprentice #7) by John Flanagan.  Not as intriguing as the first few arcs of the series, but I understand the purpose of the book.  This is solidly good mild fantasy adventure for middle schoolers.











Cut Me Free by J.R. Johansson.  I am unsure of this one and I'm a quarter of the way through.  It could be exceedingly good or quite disappointing.  Right now, there's still a lot of setup going on, so I haven't learned much about the actual crimes yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment