Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What I'm Reading Wednesday

I'm down to the wire on The Count of Monte Cristo, and it is a serious page-burner-turner.  In addition to that, I'm currently reading:

Erak's Ransom (Ranger's Apprentice, Book 7) I love these books.  They're the sort of comfy-cozy quasi-fantasy adventure books that make me feel at home.



The Prey by Tom Isbell.  I requested this from NetGalley because "Oooh!  Pretty cover with laser beams!" and then I started it and felt mildly bemused.  Then I checked Goodreads and as of today, it has an average 2.10 star rating.  Ouch.  It's not the worst thing I've ever read, but it's really the "prose" that kills it.  Wondering how much farther I can make it in search of fun quotes.


The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace.  Right now I'm like "Hmmmmmmmmmmm."  And that is my only thought.


I started Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn a few nights ago.  The first few chapters were exceedingly intriguing!





No comments:

Post a Comment