Thursday, September 18, 2014

What I'm Reading Wednesday

In addition to the Usual Suspects, I'm reading:

The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma.  This is the first book by her that I've read and I'm excessively mad at myself for not having read any of her other works earlier.  I'll probably finish this in about ten minutes, but it's a review that may have to marinate a bit.

The Atlantis Plague by A.G. Riddle.  This title contains one of the words in the English language that never ceases to befuddle my typing fingers.  In my mind, "plague" should be spelled "plauge."

The Lazarus Prophecy by F.G. Cottam.  First of all, what's up with all of the posh initials-only please authors?  Just kidding!  I'm partial to J.R.R. Tolkien myself, just because it seems like he added an extra "R" in there for fun (although I know perfectly well that he didn't).  It also sounds a bit like a piratey "Arrrrrr!" if you slide his initials together. Obviously, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual book by Cottam.  I'm enjoying it, although it is more Dan Brown-esque than I thought it would be.  We shall see.

NOTE: Because I have a very hazy grasp of time this week, I am posting this on a Thursday.  Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment