Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What I'm Reading

What am I reading on this unseasonbly un-August-ish (not a real word) day in Wisconsin?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm still reading The Count of Monte Cristo, but let's switch it to Le Comte de Monte Cristo, as I've flipped to the French version and it's much smoother sailing.  Hopefully I'll finish it before the year is out.

On a lighter note (relatively), Greig Beck's This Green Hell is the third in a series about a serum-enhanced super-soldier named Alex Hunter, code-named Arcadian.  He's off to the jungles of Paraguay to save his erstwhile paramour and save the world from a deadly interstellar bacteria.  Trust me on this one.  It's fun.

10803892

I'm also pleasantly surprised by the ARC of A Wicked Thing--which is not my favorite title, but the story itself is great so far. It's a retelling of Sleeping Beauty--after the kiss.




17930904



I started The Red Queen and I know I was enjoying it. People actually bleed silver, which is extremely cool.  That's as far as I got, but I am intrigued.  I'm getting a slight Red Rising vibe from it, which can't hurt!


17878931

No comments:

Post a Comment