What I'm Reading Wednesday

I have an addiction.  An addiction to ARCs.  No, that's not as sinister as it sounds.  It's an acronym for advance reader's copy.  The more I review, the more ARCs I receive.  They're actually e-ARCs, as I am not a big fish and therefore no one sends me physical ARCs unless I ask for them, and usually that's from the lovely Gina at :01 (FirstSecond Books).  Now I have at least twelve new YA books on my Kindle, glaring at me (as electronic, incorporeal books do) with suspicion.  "She'll never read me," they're saying. 

The other thing is that I've got a massive list of classic books that I really need to read, particularly as I own a lot of them and paid money for them and should at least get my money's worth, not to mention improving my literary acumen.  So I'm determined to get through this batch of ARCs and then hunker down this summer with Dune and The Count of Monte Cristo and Les Misérables

So, what am I working on right now?

Kiss of Broken Glass by Madeline Kuderick. 

This is a novel in verse about a 15 year-old cutter who's sent to a psychiatric ward for 72 hours.  So far, so good.  The book, I mean, not the concept of cutting!









Hawkeye, Vol. 2: Little Hits by Matt Fraction

I loved the first volume of the Hawkeye series and this one is shaping up to be just as good!









Feral by Holly Schindler

I'm only a few (electronic) pages into this, but so far I see it's about a girl who moves to a Missouri town and encounters a girl who was murdered there years before.  The prologue was really well done, so I'm hoping this doesn't devolve into instalove and the ubiquitous Love Triangle of Doom.

Comments

Popular Posts