Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What I'm Reading Wednesday

Because I am a librarian, I love alliteration.

So do bloggers, apparently.  There's Throwback Thursday and Mugshot Monday and Follow Friday and all this stuff.  Since I am way behind on everything and stuck in the middle of several books, I'm going to do a What I'm Reading Wednesday, which is mildly alliterative.

The Song of the Quarkbeast by Jasper Fforde

Fforde is one of my favorite authors.  I'd like to poke around in his brain and see how he comes up with his unique flavor of humor (which I just subconsciously typed as "humour").  Thursday Next is still my favorite, but this series, The Chronicles of Kazam, which is aimed at younger readers, still has that zany wittiness that I adore.  Halfway through this one, and it's a quick read.

Cipher by S.E. Bennett

I am considering DNF'ing this one.  When I do this, I really, truly, honestly have nothing against the author.  I often feel horrible about not finishing a book.  I strive to be very honest in my opinions, and sometimes my opinion is that it didn't work for me.  We shall see.

The Murder Complex by Lindsey Cummings

Everyone is RAVING about this on Goodreads so I started it last night.  I read just a few pages but it seems reallllly good.  Trying to finish Quarkbeast first, though.

Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

Woefully behind on this one (my friends were reading it years ago), but I'm liking it a lot.  A bit slow to get started, but I have a feeling we'll pick up momentum very soon now.

Mercy Mode by Em Garner

When I saw this on Netgalley, I freaked.  Contaminated has a sequel !??!????!  YES!  Started this one and it seems very promising.

Sometimes I wonder if I have ADHD.  Honestly.  Look at that list of books.  It wouldn't be surprising in my family.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment