Friday, April 4, 2014

What I'm Reading This Weekend

I'm completely hooked on Kristin Lippert-Martin's Tabula Rasa, so that will be finished shortly.
 It's really tightly written, and I'm especially loving that we're staying pretty geographically static.  Books that move around the globe in just a few chapters tend to get a bit too big for their proverbial britches.









Also up at the plate: (SAAAA-WIIINNG BATTAHHHH!)

FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics, Vol. 1 by Simon Oliver

I've been waiting for this for a very long time.  One of my co-workers bought it straight out and disliked it, which means I'll probably like it, as our tastes in the graphic medium are pretty much polar opposites.









The Sorcerer in the North (Ranger's Apprentice #5) by John Flanagan

I really love this series.  It's so engaging.  It's nothing that hasn't been done before (ha ha, look at all those negatives) but Flanagan makes it fun and zippy.









Monument 14: Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne

It's no secret that I loved loved loved loved loved Monument 14.  I happened to watch Superstar on the same weekend and it was a major Emmy Laybourne fangirl moment.  Alas, someone decided to never return the library's copy of the sequel, Sky on Fire, so I had to reorder it.  And wait.  And wait.

And now, in time for book three, Savage Drift, I can finally read Sky on Fire!  Yesssssss.




Four books is a reasonable number, right?  For the weekend?

Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment